Focus and Intent:
The stalky.com website is inspired by my own interest in the poetry and literature of Rudyard Kipling. I have placed the full text of Stalky & Co online here in the hope that it may prove useful. Also included are a personal selection of Kipling's Poetry - just a few that I enjoy. Use the navigation menu to the left to navigate the stalky website.......
Poetry by Rudyard Kipling
- Danny Deever: Danny Deever is a poem by Rudyard Kipling about the execution of a boy soldier of the British Army....... [more]
- Dane-Geld: Dane-Geld is a poem by Rudyard Kipling about the payment of appeasement money, the Dane Geld....... [more]
- Gunga Din: Gunga Din is a poem by Rudyard Kipling about a native Indian Water Carrier who bravely and unquestioningly does his job even when abused by the very people he nurtures....... [more]
- IF: IF is a poem by Rudyard Kipling that declaims good thinking, good behaviour and good actions....... [more]
- Recessional: Recessional is a poem by Rudyard Kipling that expounds the V9ictorian Vision of the World, A Victorian Ode....... [more]
- The Ballad of East and West: The Ballad of East and West is a poem by Rudyard Kipling of the meeting of two great world cultures....... [more]
- The Last Department: The Last Department is a poem by Rudyard Kipling about mutability and the value of man....... [more]
- The Law of the Jungle: The Law of the Jungle is a poem by Rudyard Kipling from "The Jungle Book"....... [more]
- Tommy: Tommy is a poem by Rudyard Kipling about the execution the respect that is given to the common soldier, the "Tommy" of the poem....... [more]
- Complete List of Poetry Titles: An alphabetical list of the Complete Collection of Poetry titles by Rudyard Kipling........ [more]
Joseph Rudyard Kipling (December 30, 1865 – January 18, 1936) was a British author and poet, born in India. He is best known for the children's story The Jungle Book (1894), the Indian spy novel Kim (1901), the poems "Gunga Din" (1892), "If" (1895), "Tommy" (1892), and his many short stories........ more
The stalky.com Stalky & Co website is written and maintained to allow maximum accessibility. The website design is standards compliant to allow viewing with any browser.